Organisation chart of the SCHR
the Federal Government
Personalities from administration, politics, economy, and
Organisation chart (pdf, 1 p.)
Structure of the SCHR
The Director is responsible for the coordination of all activities of the SCHR. He is the public representative of the Centre. He assures the coherence and quality of services of the SCHR and heads the meetings of the Board of Directors.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors defines the strategic orientation of the SCHR and determines the rules of procedure (pdf, in German, 6 p.) and the work programme. In addition, the Board of Directors coordinates the work carried out in the various subject areas and is responsible for the quality control of the SCHR’s activities. He also approves the yearly budget of the SCHR.
The Board of Directors is made up of two representatives from each partner University and is chaired by the Director. The Manager also participates to the meetings of the Board of Directors in an advisory capacity.
Membres of the Board of Directors:
- Jörg Künzli, University of Bern
- Michèle Amacker, University of Bern
- Judith Wyttenbach, University of Bern
- Michelle Cottier, University of Geneva
- Philip D. Jaffé, University of Geneva
- Eva Maria Belser, University of Fribourg
- Christof Riedo, University of Fribourg
- Pascal Mahon, University of Neuchâtel
- Denise Efionayi-Mäder, University of Neuchâtel
- Christine Kaufmann, University of Zurich
- Hans Peter Wehrli, University of Zurich
The Secretariat serves as the SCHR contact point for all inquiries and mandates. It coordinates the implementation of the projects, organizes the exchange of information with and between the human rights actors, supporting the Thematic Clusters in operative concerns. The Secretariat also handles internal and external communication as well as administrative processes.
The partner Universities appoint heads of the different Thematic Clusters that will then cooperate with academics from their own Universities and with each other, depending on the issue. They also create and expand subject-related networks in both Switzerland and abroad.
Each of the partner Universities is responsible for one or more Thematic Clusters of study of the SCHR:
- University of Neuchatel: Migration
- University of Bern: Police and Justice, Gender Politics
- University of Geneva: Children and Youth Politics
- University of Fribourg: Institutional Issues
- University of Zurich: Human Rights and Business
The partner Universities have governed their working relationship within the SCHR in a binding agreement (pdf, 9 p., in German).
The Steering Committee consists of representatives of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) and the Federal Department of Justice and Police (FDJP). It approves the service contracts and performs regular monitoring of the use of the contribution of the Confederation.
The Advisory Board is comprised of personalities from administration, politics, economy and civil society. It advises the Board of Directors with regard to its strategic direction and can make recommendations.
- List of the members of the SCHR Advisory Board (pdf, 2 p.)
- Internal regulations of the SCHR Advisory Board (pdf, 4 p. in German)
Presidency of the Advisory Board:
- President: Eugen David, former member of the Council of States Canton of St Gallen (CVP)
- Vice-President: Doris Angst, Expert, former Director of the Federal Commission Against Racism FCR